Once again I managed to find a new flash sale site, and found some really cute boots for Elle and my BFF's daughter. Here's a little mini shoot I did with her modeling them. I mean really who could pass up $14.99 for Hatley boots!
Disclaimer: this is taken from my life experiences and others shared thoughts- don't stone me in public if you see me making a mistake and not living by the below! P.S. I like to swear sometimes.
1. Marry for love; yes you and your partner will want to strangle each other sometimes but remember you're a team and everything is better shared!
2. Be thankful for what you have; there is always someone in a far worse circumstance.
3. If you don't like your situation get out of it; no one wants to hear the same complaints day after day, only you can change it and only you know what makes yourself happy.
4. Treat people as you would like them to treat you; DUH! And yes there are really some people out there that missed this day of school so don't surround yourself with them!
5. Apologize; this is painful for me to type, but yes, if you F up, apologize. I mean really when it comes down to it it's two words but it means the world to the other person!
6. The glass is half full; people are naturally attracted to positive people! If you're an ass you'll attract a**holes. If you're nice you'll attract nice people.
7. It is better to have one true friend than to have 25 acquaintances. True friends are there for you and don't judge you for being a jackass...because the next day they will be one :)!
8. Anything that is worth something takes work, hard work!
9. Accountability; be accountable for your finances, money in the bank equals freedom! Live with in your means.
10. Communicate; don't assume anything, you are not a mind reader. If you love someone tell them. If you need to give yourself a time out do it, and then communicate.
11. Kids; the most amazing creation the body can make and the hardest yet most rewarding job in the world. Remember...kids learn by example. Kids with big heads ruin your bladder...just say'in.
12. Take time to smell the roses; life is really about enjoying simple things.
13. Learn; teach yourself something new when you have the time, knowledge = power! Not that I'm a power freak but you get the point.
14. Put your self out there; great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things & small people talk about other people. We can do anything we "want" to and put our minds to.
15. Goals; give yourself goals even if it's as minor as cleaning out the garage. Everyone feels better when they are productive.
16. Exercise; calories in = calories out. If you did keg stands the night before get your arse to the gym the next day. We ain't getting any younger. The longer you put it off the more you'll need to work your ass off.
17. Grudge; don't hold grudges...there is no point!
18. Sunscreen; damn it..that baby oil in high school gave me a lot of freckles! Wear sunscreen if you don't want to look like the lady in "something about Mary"!
19. Pacifico is my favorite beer, everyone should drink some!
20. Work ethic; I defer to #8. You get what you put into it.
How about this cute purse...here's a tutorial link to making 10 different kids of totes. Just adorable..I love creative people. The problem is....when and I going to find time to try out all these tutorials!!
I'm dying at the creative DIY genius that this woman is. I just came across her site in one of my 2-3 hour stints getting lost on the internet. Check it out, so inspiring to turn something that got hit with the ugly stick into something amazing. There are just so many creative people out there! Dying over here...
I'm finally updating my website with new product pictures, remember don't judge me for my photography skills. I can't believe I took pictures of my blankets against that hideous white wall..someone forgot to give me an photog intervention!
Anyways here's a couple pictures!
The cute little table is from when I was a kid..I recently borrowed it indefinitely from my mom along with a little chair that has spindles on it. Chair is not photograph ready yet as it has paint splattered all over it. Hubs is loving me for adding that to the honey-do list to refinish :). It will be really cute though to use with my blankets in photographs!
Took a really great trip to Napa with the hubby this weekend(no little people allowed).
We left early Saturday morning and dropped both kiddo's off at my father-in-laws house for the night. We basically peeled out of the driveway. It was the first time we've had a night alone with out both kids since Elle was born almost 1 1/2 years ago...way overdue! Note to self - make more time for hubby and I. On our way up we accidentally took the bay bridge 80 WEST instead of 80 EAST so we took a slight detour onto Treasure Island..oops. Actually is was a refreshing stop since it was such a beautiful day (and my husband had to "pee").
We arrived in Napa rather quickly and made our first stop at GOTTS for lunch. I put a Facebook post up and got all kinds of great suggestions for food..love FB for that reason. I had a nice big juicy bacon cheese burger with these sinful garlic/parsley fries. Yikes..diet went out the window this weekend! Anyways it was de-lish and a must stop when you are up there. We didn't even check into the hotel and headed up to the Artesa Winery for a little tour and flight. Wine was so so..but the winery itself was beautiful and such amazing views. After our stop at Artesa we dashed up to the Hess Winery which was also a so beautiful and the wine was quite tasty here so we bought a couple bottles.
That night we decided to go to the Rutherford Grill for a late dinner! Another great restaurant. They have the most insane Corn bread(best I've ever had) and this homemade Oreo cookie dessert..yum! I was in a serious food coma after those two meals.
Sunday morning we headed to Boon Fly Cafe for breakfast and once again yummy! It was a perfect location on the Carneros HWY since we decided to take the scenic route home through Somoma county, over the golden gate and then down HWY 1.
I highly recommend all the above restaurants!
Here are some pics from the trip:
Our detour...looking out from Treasure island onto the Bay bridge!
We're back! Had a great weekend and will do a post all about the wine and food tomorrow! I wanted to keep my promise and announce the Winner of the blanket! I had my handy assistant in his jammies help me.
He picked the name and opened it for me..all caught on camera!
Congrats to Renee! Please shoot me an email at J@thebundleshop.com with your blanket selection and address so I can ship it out to you! Please give me your first and second choice just in case one is out of stock. p.s I have four new ones on my blog. Thanks for playing everyone!
Don't call CPS..I know I'm posting a picture of my daughter with a tear but it was post freak out and it had been sitting on her cheek for a while. I swear she was happy at this point. I just kinda liked it.