Disclaimer: this is taken from my life experiences and others shared thoughts- don't stone me in public if you see me making a mistake and not living by the below! P.S. I like to swear sometimes.
1. Marry for love; yes you and your partner will want to strangle each other sometimes but remember you're a team and everything is better shared!
2. Be thankful for what you have; there is always someone in a far worse circumstance.
3. If you don't like your situation get out of it; no one wants to hear the same complaints day after day, only you can change it and only you know what makes yourself happy.
4. Treat people as you would like them to treat you; DUH! And yes there are really some people out there that missed this day of school so don't surround yourself with them!
5. Apologize; this is painful for me to type, but yes, if you F up, apologize. I mean really when it comes down to it it's two words but it means the world to the other person!
6. The glass is half full; people are naturally attracted to positive people! If you're an ass you'll attract a**holes. If you're nice you'll attract nice people.
7. It is better to have one true friend than to have 25 acquaintances. True friends are there for you and don't judge you for being a jackass...because the next day they will be one :)!
8. Anything that is worth something takes work, hard work!
9. Accountability; be accountable for your finances, money in the bank equals freedom! Live with in your means.
10. Communicate; don't assume anything, you are not a mind reader. If you love someone tell them. If you need to give yourself a time out do it, and then communicate.
11. Kids; the most amazing creation the body can make and the hardest yet most rewarding job in the world. Remember...kids learn by example. Kids with big heads ruin your bladder...just say'in.
12. Take time to smell the roses; life is really about enjoying simple things.
13. Learn; teach yourself something new when you have the time, knowledge = power! Not that I'm a power freak but you get the point.
14. Put your self out there; great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things & small people talk about other people. We can do anything we "want" to and put our minds to.
15. Goals; give yourself goals even if it's as minor as cleaning out the garage. Everyone feels better when they are productive.
16. Exercise; calories in = calories out. If you did keg stands the night before get your arse to the gym the next day. We ain't getting any younger. The longer you put it off the more you'll need to work your ass off.
17. Grudge; don't hold grudges...there is no point!
18. Sunscreen; damn it..that baby oil in high school gave me a lot of freckles! Wear sunscreen if you don't want to look like the lady in "something about Mary"!
19. Pacifico is my favorite beer, everyone should drink some!
20. Work ethic; I defer to #8. You get what you put into it.
Off to celebrate with some friends and family!