April 19, 2010

bye bye bobbi brown

I recently ran out of my Bobbi Brown foundation and went to re-order it online, I gasped when I saw the cost. I must have forgotten I spent $45 dollars on it...eek!
I couldn't bring myself to spend that much again so I asked our Nanny Vanessa what she used (since her skin is always so nice). She sent me to Longs and I bought Loreal's new true match super blendable foundation $10.49. It took me some time to figure out how to tell what my color was (so go to the store kid less). First you need to figure out which category your skin under tone falls under (neutral, warm or cool) and then you find your color with in that category. I ended up being under warm and found a couple of colors and tested on my lower chin. I tried it for the first time today and LOVE it. Blends well and even's out skin tone with a smooth finish.
Ironically I was reading the new issue of Instyle last night with Scarlett Johansson on the cover and they do a huge beauty product review and the Loreal new true match was in there as one of the best inexpensive foundations. Bye, bye Bobbi Brown I can't afford you anymore.

bye bye $45.00


hello $10.49


No comments: