July 27, 2008

I can barely walk....

So this weekend I decided to get motivated and actually use my gym membership. I took off on Saturday morning and headed for the circut training class that my gym offers. I was previously warned by a good friend how intense it was but clearly it didn't quite sink in enough. For one hour we carried a 12lb. weigh bar (she told us to pretend it was our baby and not drop it)while also, running, lunging, sit ups, push ups, and many more exercises, it all became a blur after the first 20 minutes...needless to say I was sore leaving the class (yes, already).

To top it off my husband and I commited to running a 10k on Sunday!!! I woke up Sunday morning not feeling too bad..I was sore but thought a good walk would stretch my muscles out. A mile into our "walk" it turned into run because we saw all kinds of people running past us...and of course we didn't want to be last. My husband took off running in and out of the packs of people with the jogger stroller...and I walk/ran with another friend of ours. Needless to say I can barely walk right now and am going to be hating it the next two days (gets worse after the second day).

One good thing about all of this...hopefully this will turn around my currently non-existent work out schedule.

1 comment:

Tara H said...

Whew - the gym. It is a tough thing to get motivated to do but once you get over the hump, it does get better. I think mini goals are best, like training for a 10K or looking good for college reunion. Let me know when you do the next 10K in Santa Cruz as I'd love to join you two. I may even get Aaron out there too as surfing has taken a back seat lately.